We have a busy weekend ahead in a fun, fabulous NE Portland neighborhood: Wilshire! We’ll have 2 homes open & welcome to anyone to pop in and take a peek. Perfectly situated between Alberta Street’s restaurant row and Fremont/NE 42nd dining & fun, this pocket of town has everything a foodie could want. Plus, Wilshire Park is where I spent countless hours with my daughters when they were young. There’s a playground, a ball field and a nice path along the perimeter that’s nice for walking/running with an audiobook under the trees. Read on for home & neighborhood highlights!
JUST LISTED by Susie Hunt Moran: A Stunning PDX Craftsman at 4800 NE 35th Ave
Open House Saturday (5/13) 10:00 am to 12:00 pm & 1:00 to 3:00 pm
4 Bed | 3.5 Bath | 3,182 SF | Built 2016 | $1,150,000
Sit on your covered front porch drinking coffee and planning your day, or relax in your private backyard on the large deck! The kitchen is a must see, a true chef’s kitchen with extended island, large pantry and loads of counter space and storage. Cook away while visiting with your friends in the beautiful open concept kitchen. 3 large bedrooms up including a primary suite with fabulous closet space. Don’t fret when the rain comes – you have an expansive lower level family room and guest suite to retreat to. This is a fabulous home with room for all of your needs including a private office on the main floor. Stunning designer lighting throughout the entire house.
BONUS! This home is in the Free Neighborhood Soakers grid at McMenamins Kennedy School. Enjoy free soaking in the salt baths year-round!
Virtual tour here.
LISTING SOON by Matt Moran: A Charming Storybook Cottage at 4139 NE 38th Ave Portland, OR 97211
Open House Saturday (5/13) 10 am -2 pm
Full details will appear here once it’s live!
- 4 Bed | 3 Bath | 2,550 SF
- Modern meets 1930s charm
- Sunny & serene with so much space
- Wood floors, period archways, built-ins and a fabulous stucco fireplace
- Easy-living updates (mini splits, SS appliances, newer roof, skylit mudroom)
- Sunroom & formal dining
- 2 main level bedrooms & 2 up plus a full bath on every floor
- Expansive lower level with its own kitchenette, exterior entrance and endless possibilities – media room/rec room/guest quarters alongside additional flex space (gym/office?)
- Slate front patio
- Fenced & floral backyard sanctuary
- Storage shed & garage
- Biker’s Paradise
- Virtual tour here.
Wilshire Neighborhood Highlights
- Wilshire Park
- Kennedy School – Home of the salty soaking pools and myriad bars & dining options.
- My latest dining favorite on Alberta: Gumba! The House-made Burrata with Fry Bread is MAGIC. As was the Pappardelle and the Eggplant Olive Oil Cake.
- And my current 42nd Ave favorite? The Impossible Burger at Sure Shot! (Don’t miss the fried brussels sprouts, either!)
Have a great weekend and good luck staying cool, everyone!