We hope everyone is safe and finding clean air wherever you can get it. We are thankful for the massive recovery efforts occurring right now statewide and wanted to share some places that can use donations, if you have the means to donate in this most challenging of years.
- KGW has partnered with the Red Cross to create a donation portal specifically for the Oregon wildfires here.
- The Salvation Army is providing meals + resources to evacuees across 10 counties. Donate here.
- Your Oregon Food Bank donation will provide food + water to local families, farmers, ranchers and first responders who have been affected by wildfires throughout the region.
- The Wildland Firefighter Foundation raises funds for the immediate financial and crisis assistance to families of fallen and injured wildland firefighters.
- For animal TLC, the Green Acres Farm Sanctuary in Silverton has been greatly affected by the wildfires and could use any and all donations. They are an invaluable refuge to unwanted, abused and abandoned farm animals.
Financial donations are simplest due to COVID-19. But for those looking for item donations along with volunteer opportunities, check out this Clackamas County page.
(Fire + landscape photos from the Bureau of Land Management. Animal photos from Green Acres Farm Sanctuary.)