Valentine’s Day is the day to celebrate love in all forms whether it’s date night, playing a board game with your kids or taking yourself out to the spa. Here are some of my favorites:
- Palio Dessert and Espresso House is a cozy spot overlooking a Ladd’s Addition roundabout and it’s open late (til 11pm!)
- Papa Haydn’s is known for its extensive dessert menu but it also has a 3-5pm, M-F Happy Hour with fondue.
- Romantic night out at Bistro Agnes (Shellfish bouillabaisse and croquembouche among other Parisian delights on its V-Day menu)
- No Reservations? No problem. Khun Pic’s Bahn Thai doesn’t take ’em! Enjoy a leisurely Thai feast bursting with a rainbow of fresh veggies by the fireplace in an old Victorian home on Belmont.
- Looking for more special V-Day menus? Check out EaterPDX’s list
The best gift I have ever received is a monthly delivery of flowers for 1 year from Flower Bomb … the flower truck on 28th and SE Stark!
I recommend The Dragontree Spa in NW PDX … fabulous variety of facials and massages, including some infused with CBD oil.
For a cozy, non-megaplex theater experience, try Living Room Theaters, Cinema 21, Studio One, Laurelhurst, Hollywood Theatre or Academy Theater which is showing Footloose and True Romance on Valentine’s Day in addition to regular programming.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
P.S. Want more PDX VDay tips? Check out my musical video from last year:
(Farina, Palio, Bistro Agnes, Flower Bomb, Hollywood Theatre photos are from companies’ respective websites.)