With holiday gatherings on the horizon, now’s a good time to stock the wine bar! Here are some of my PDX favorites:
- Division Wines | 3564 SE Division St. | Owners Will and Danyelle recently gave me the inside scoop: Wow your dinner guests this holiday season with a bottle of Shiba Wichern 2016 Willamette Cuvée Pinot Noir. Akiko Shiba refined her winemaking chops in Germany then fell in love with Oregon pinots and moved here to make her own. I’m so glad she did because it is fabulous and it’s a deal at $23/ bottle for all natural wine with a native ferment! Bonus: They also have fancy vermouths (Bonal, Byrrh) to kick your Manhattans up a notch.
- SE Wine Collective | 2425 SE 35th Place | Go for the 5-course Chef’s Choice Dinner by superstar Althea Grey Potter ($39) and leave with a bottle of your favorite from the pinot flight.
- Bar Norman | 2615 SE Clinton St. | A lovely wine club offering 2, 4 or 6 bottles per month. (Bar Norman photo from barnorman.com)
- Great Wine Buys | 1515 NE Broadway St. | TONIGHT! The ever popular Holiday Champagne Sale Tasting (Friday Dec. 6, 5-7:30. $13) … Sale runs through Sunday on the best bubbly deals of the year.
- Blackbird Wineshop & Atomic Cheese Bar | 4323 NE Fremont St. | Check out the staff-curated wine flights between $12-$15 on Friday nights.
- Providore | 2340 NE Sandy Blvd | Extensive selection of European wines and dangerously close to the fresh baked garlic rosemary focaccia.