9 years ago Happy Cup Coffee Company opened as place to provide jobs to adults with developmental disabilities while paying a living wage. A small batch coffee roastery – it’s still going strong today with its beans in stores all over town, 18 employees, and an awesome piece on NPR to boot.
Operations + Sales Manager Jeffrey Sherman says Happy Cup is client-oriented, working with adults in our community to give them the work hours that meet their needs, whether it’s a couple a month or a few per day. Duties include packing beans, stickering + labeling. And the coffee … is … fabulous. I can’t think of a better local business to support this holiday season (and beyond).
Happy Cup Quick Facts
- Beans are roasted in 20lb batches
- Ethically sourced
- The current best sellers are Buzz (medium roast) and Happy Heart (Ethiopian single-origin)
Where to Buy
- Fred Meyer
- Whole Foods
- New Seasons
- Green Zebra
- Food Front Co-op
- And many more, plus the Happy Cup online store
- Subscriptions are available too
- Weekly, Twice monthly and Monthly options available … never run out of coffee for $14/bag
Happy Cup Coffee Company (the roaster) is located at 2850 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97232