- Great schools + Biker’s Paradise + foodie hotbed = Northeast Portland’s Beaumont-Wilshire neighborhood.
- Sitting atop Alameda Ridge, stunning views of downtown PDX and the Cascades are waiting to pop out at every turn.
- 2 notable restaurant rows: 42nd Ave and Fremont Street (“Beaumont Village”)
- Plus, the Hollywood District is directly to the south, and features groceries galore (Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Grocery Outlet) and the historic Hollywood Theater (Portland’s crown jewel of movie houses!)
- I currently have a listing here just steps from Tacovore (a tasty new taco spot from Eugene, pictured) and will be holding it open on Sunday from 1-3 pm (weather permitting). Check here for up-to-date info.
Current Beaumont-Wilshire favorites:
- Blackbird Wineshop + Atomic Cheese Bar … really friendly + knowledgeable staff
- Buffalo prawns at Amalfi’s Happy Hour
- Locally-sourced grocery staples (plus a crazy beer selection) at Beaumont Market
- Beaumont Do It Best Hardware
- Pip’s Donuts (where you get a free dozen on your birthday week!)
- I’m also excited to try Wonderly which just opened a few days ago. Report back if you beat me to it!