Things are nuts right now and if you’re not in the mood to read about real estate, I totally get that! (I hope you’re all staying healthy and hanging in there.) For those looking for a little distraction, especially my fellow Mid-Century Modern enthusiasts, today I’m doing a deep dive into this masterpiece we just listed in the West Hills.
The stylish sellers of this impeccable Daylight Ranch created the Mid-Century Modern mountaintop with this one. Every upgrade, both structural and aesthetic, was carefully executed to preserve the period charm while maximizing energy efficiency + environmental responsibility (like with the geothermal heating + cooling system).
Step into Mad Men-on-the-West Coast with the original mahogany-walled living and dining room (complete with a solid mahogany bar + built-ins.) Eat your heart out, Don Draper!
The two rooms are separated by a corner gas fireplace and look through the wall of energy-efficient windows out across the extended deck onto the lush yard.
The yard’s gardens and landscaping were designed by Michael Schultz and feature LED lighting and irrigated planters. Between the lawn and the ipe deck w/ custom rails (which is piped for a natural gas fire pit), you have the makings for the ultimate summer soirée.
The kitchen underwent a full remodel in 2019 and now it looks like a page from Architectural Digest: High-end stainless steel appliances (Sub-Zero fridge, Dacor stove, Miele dishwasher), slab quartz island + countertops with full-height oyster tile backsplash and don’t forget the cutest inset coffee bar!
The master suite was fully remodeled in 2018 with a heated tile floor, a custom dual vanity and a California Closets walk-in.
The main level is rounded out by another full bath (a pretty-in-pink original) and two more bedrooms, one loaded with shelves and built-ins perfect for a home office.
Down we go to the Daylight lower level where, voila!, a bonus living room appears (with solid tongue and groove hemlock walls) with a second gas fireplace that looks out through another wall of windows onto the gorgeous yard. The hallways leads to 2 more bedrooms, a full bath and a laundry room. A half bath, mechanical room, wine cellar and 2-car attached garage complete the lower level.
Just like the rest of the house, the garage is fancy too: There’s a charging station for an electric car, a metal and glass garage door with silent opener and a carport ceiling system + lights by Undercover Systems.
The property is entirely enclosed by fencing – partly cedar – with a custom rolling steel driveway entry gate.
This home is situated in NW Portland, close to Hillside’s Pittock Mansion and miles of trails through both Washington and Forest Park. It’s an ideal location for hikers, runners and nature lovers looking for beautiful, endless variety. Nearby destinations include the Oregon Zoo, Hoyt Arboretum, Children’s Museum, International Rose Test Garden, Japanese Garden and the bustling restaurant rows + shopping meccas on NW 23rd and 21st Aves. Or skip downtown parking with easy Trimet rides on Burnside (Timbers games at Providence Park are only 10 minutes away!)
This an absolute dream home oozing with Northwest Modern charm that’ll be the perfect fit for the house hunter searching for Mid-Century magic mixed with our green Portland ethos.
And now for the long list of specs, thanks to meticulous records kept by the owners!
Preserved Charm + Upgrades GALORE!
- 2 gas fireplaces
- 2019 kitchen remodel w/ high-end stainless steel appliances (Sub-Zero fridge, Dacor stove, Miele dishwasher)
- Original mahogany walls (Living, Dining w/ Bar + Built-Ins)
- Master suite (Heated tile floors, custom dual vanity, California Closets walk-in)
- Daylight lower (Solid tongue-and-groove hemlock walls in bonus living + bed)
- Laundry room
- Wine cellar
- JELD-WEN energy efficient windows
- Geothermal heating + cooling system w/ steam humidifier
- 2019 water heater and geothermal overflow tank
- Lifebreath air filtration system
- Tuck and point chimney with new cap
- 2020 new carpet and baseboards in bedroom #3
- 2020 Remodeled studio/bedroom #4
- Lower family room updated wet plumbing – Ready for bar + sink
- Extended upper ipe deck w/ custom rails (Piped for natural gas, lush garden views)
- Custom rolling steel driveway entry gate and remote opener
- Metal and glass garage door with silent opener
- Custom-built carport
- Carport ceiling system + lights by Undercover Systems
- Custom cedar + chain link fence – whole property
- Charging station for electric car
- All copper gutters + downspouts
- Michael Schultz-designed garden + landscape
- 2016 exterior paint
- Oversized 14×10 shed by Tuff Shed
- Outdoor LED landscape lighting by Oregon Lighting
- Landscape planters with irrigation
- Outdoor pondless water feature
- Electrical hookups for outdoor spa
- Landscape and gravel turnaround installation for additional parking
5 Bed | 3.5 bath | 3,593 SF
Full details at: susiehuntmoran.com