Just listed a cute condo near Cathedral Park with patio views of the picturesque St. Johns Bridge.
It’s a great deal for an entry-level buyer, a U of P landlord or a downsizer as St. Johns remains a last bastion of affordability in Portland.
Matt lived in St. Johns for a long time so I asked him for his favorites, old and new. A lot of these are temporarily closed right now in this scary time for the sake of public health. Please go support them when they reopen!
- The Great North for coffee
- The Fixin’ To for drinks and music
- Slim’s is a great dive bar with good, local, live music
- The FREE Cathedral Park Jazz Festival
- Unlimited quiet trails on the north end of Forest Park
- Disc Golf under the majestic Douglas Firs at Pier Park
- The best taco deal in PDX at Tienda Santa Cruz
- Affordable first-run movies at St. Johns Twin Cinema
My personal nearby favorite is the St. Johns Racquet Center – one of only two remaining indoor public courts in Portland. It’s also home to Portland Tennis & Education, a non-profit that offers tutoring, tennis instruction, life skills training and parent advocacy + training to K-12 participants in their year-round program.
Stay safe out there, everyone. Don’t hesitate to call with any PDX questions you may have.
Susie Hunt Moran | (503) 970-9866 | email@example.com | susiehuntmoran.com