I think Sunnyside is the best location you can get in Portland. It’s in between the majestic Laurelhurst (pictured) and Mt. Tabor Parks, it’s chock-full of excellent, affordable restaurants + grocery stores and it’s situated smack dab in the middle of about 6 movie theaters (Avalon, Laurelhurst, Bagdad, Hollywood, Academy, CineMagic). Plus, I have a listing here Coming Soon!
My current Sunnyside obsessions:
- Salmon poke at SeaSweets (pictured)
- Bibimbap at Short Round
- Mushroom Stroganoff at Harlow
- Buffalo Soy Curls Sub at The Sweet Hereafter
- The organic produce, jarred Mama Lil’s and constant supply of Beyond Burgers at Fred Meyer
- The coffee window (serving Stumptown) at New Seasons
- Patiently waiting for Asian supermarket H Mart to open on Belmont!
- Movie Madness – the best video store in the country! (Complete with movie museum)
- Checking out DVDs (incl Blu-Ray) for FREE from Belmont Library
Stay tuned to see the gorgeous Sunnyside home hitting the market soon!