I just listed an English Storybook home on Portland’s quintessential holiday street. But what about the 11 months of the year that the famous street isn’t illuminated? Here are my other favorite things about Peacock Lane:
- Steps to Laurelhurst Park. Watch the ducks on the picturesque pond or go for a jog or catch summer concerts and movies-in-the-park!
- Blocks from Belmont Street restaurants: Slappy Cakes, Russell St. BBQ, sushi and food carts. Also close to the Belmont strip: Cocktail bars, Stumptown Coffee, pizza and NW eclectic fare.
- Close to Portland’s best video store: Movie Madness. Even closer to Belmont Library!
- Close to Hawthorne’s New Seasons and greenly-remodeled Fred Meyer.
- And for the serious walker or runner, Mt. Tabor on 60th Ave. is a perfect destination.