Montavilla is one of Portland’s larger neighborhoods, sitting just east of Mt. Tabor (Montavilla’s name came from shortening “Mount Tabor Village.”) This largely residential swath of Portland’s east side has two main commercial zones: Stark Street and Glisan Street – where restaurants, coffee and cocktails abound. In addition to the spectacular Mt. Tabor, there are neighborhood parks aplenty making it a convenient locale for furry friends and little ones looking for a playground. Easy access to I-84 and 205 means you’re a quick trip to the airport to the northeast or to downtown to the west.
Here are some of our Montavilla favorites plus scroll down for our currently-listed Mt.Tabor Mid-century Marvel (Open this weekend) – just steps to the restaurant row (and Montavilla Farmers Market) on Stark.
Current foodie favorites:
- East Glisan Pizza Lounge for Tuesday trivia nights with a whole pie (huge selection of toppings including plant-based options and Detroit-style!)
- Fresh rolls (and the peanut dipping sauce) from Bui Natural Tofu.
- The Monkey Brain at Miyamoto Sushi (A whole avocado stuffed with spicy tuna tartar, crab, seaweed salad topped with flying fish roe, sesame seeds & fantasy sauce.)
Currently Listed: MT. TABOR MID-CENTURY
233 SE 74TH AVE. PORTLAND, OR 97215
Open Houses: Saturday (1/28) 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Sunday (1/29) 12:00 to 2:00 pm
- 3 Bed | 2 Bath | 1,677 SF | $619,000
- Refinished hardwood floors in main level living & 3 bedrooms
- 2 fireplaces
- New kitchen appliances, quartz counters & hardware
- Finished, refreshed basement w/ 2nd living room & full bath
- Updates abound: Furnace, central AC, smart thermostat, exterior paint, new roof
- Fenced backyard w/ deck
- And so much more! If you’d like to know more or see it in person, contact Susie: email@example.com | (503) 970-9866