Here are some of my favorite places to socially-distanced dine lately. From picnics in the park to plates on a patio, these are my go-to spots in Richmond, Colonial Heights and Sunnyside neighborhoods.
- OK Omens on Hawthorne – Plenty of patio space to enjoy a sparkling rosé + a burger (Or Impossible Burger!)
- Colonel Summers Park on Belmont with sandwiches from Devil’s Dill (especially the No. 2 with bacon, kale, avocado, tomato jam, sweet aioli or the No. 7 with grilled house seitan, sesame slaw, chile-garlic BBQ sauce).
- Sewallcrest Park with a Baby Blue pizza or Cubans + plantains from Cubo de Cuba.
- Benedicts on the outdoor side street seating at Jam on Hawthorne.
- Picnic brunch at Piccolo Park (just south of Division) with house cured lox on spelt from Little T Baker.
- The cheese or meat board and a boulevardier on the patio at OP Public House on Division St.
- For Laurelhurst Park picnics I like the pad woon sen from Sivalai Thai on Stark (which always includes bonus mango sticky rice in to-go orders!)
As always, I hope you’re safe and well and enjoying a beautiful summer!