We are thrilled to present this 1917 Laurelhurst Colonial Revival by renowned Portland architect Emil Schacht. The sellers have lovingly restored this sprawling 4 bed, 3.1 bath over the years adding modern bells + whistles without sacrificing an ounce of period charm. Read on to learn about this historic home in the heart of Laurelhurst just steps to the park + 28th Ave. dining. We hope you enjoy! (Viewings by appointment only.)
- Refinished original oak hardwood floors
- Designer lighting
- Foyer w/ beveled glass + grasscloth wallpaper w/ French doors
- Gourmet Kitchen Hand silk screened wallpaper
- Honed granite counters + island
- Farmhouse sink
- 6-burner + griddle Wolf stove
- Sub-Zero refrigerator
- Currey & Company lighting
- Full tile backsplash
- Inset period cabinetry
- Wet bar, dining space and storage galore
- Formal dining w/ Schumacher hand-printed wallpaper
- Formal living room w/ oversized wood-burning fireplace
- Family room w/ gas fireplace + half bath
- Exit to fabulous lower terrace outside – the perfect spot for grilling + long summer nights looking out over the tree-lined neighborhood
- Circular layout around staircase with historic Povey Brothers stained glass insert on the ceiling
- Original fir floors
- Master Suite
- Basketweave marble tile floor
- Honed granite vanity
- Dual shower heads (1 rainhead)
- Rocky Mountain Hardware fixtures
- 2 Jack-and-Jill bedrooms (one w/ balcony)
- 4th bedroom
- Toile wallpaper
- Laundry room
- Full bath w/ Pratt + Larson tile design
- Unfinished + sprawling
- Exterior entrance offers ADU potential
- Studio space for projects, storage galore
- Full bath
- 2 A/Cs
- Wired for sound on Main + Upper + Outdoors
- Hand-made shutters
- Mature English gardens (lilac, peonies, French lavender, heirloom climbing rose, birch, hand-trimmed 100-year old boxwood topiary hedges) have been lovingly cared for by a floral designer (the seller)
- Grand, wrap-around front terrace with spacious lower level Entertainer’s patio
- 2 car garage
- Oversized property (almost 3 lots) on hedge-lined rounded corner
This home was the filming location for a 2018 Microsoft commercial.
- Steps to Laurelhurst Market – some of the best steak + seafood in town.
- Music Millennium – the oldest record store in the Pacific Northwest!
- Nearby 28th Ave. is a jam-packed restaurant row. Our favorites are Dove Vivi, Guero, Pambiche, Ken’s Artisan Pizza, Bamboo Sushi and Langbaan.
- Laurelhurst Theater is a popular movie destination with popcorn, pizza and pitchers!
- Steps to the majestic Laurelhurst Park – one of the city’s most gorgeous urban sanctuaries that features concerts in the park, shaded picnic areas, sport courts, an off-leash dog area, sledding hills on snow days and the pristine Firwood Lake populated with turtles, fish and birds (ducklings + goslings abound in spring!)
Full home details here.
Thanks for reading!