Quick tips for the forthcoming food bonanza!
Turkey: New Seasons has you covered: Free-range, organic, non-GMO, heirloom, brined, etc. The only turkey they *currently* don’t have is the one that arrives before the guests to clean your whole house!
Tofurky: Don’t laugh…the vegan Tofurky Roast (made in Hood River!) is absolutely delicious when basted and cooked with veggies. Available at most Portland grocery stores, like Fred Meyer. Omnivore approved!
- Toro Bravo’s Harissa-Stewed Butternut Squash
- Mediterranean Butternut Squash Salad (Great on a bed of quinoa or farro)
- Golden “Cheezy” Cauliflower (Vegan)
- Healthy Greenbean Casserole (Vegan)
- Random Order in NE PDX (Order by Saturday!) (+Vegan option)
- Lauretta Jean’s in SE PDX (Order by Sunday!)
Bread: Grand Central (Stuffing + pies too!)
Gravy: My husband aka Wannabe Chef Mike Moran has perfected it. It is TOP SECRET but if you really want the recipe, call me and I will break into my own kitchen and steal it for you! (503) 970-9866.
Wanna skip the kitchen entirely? See what restaurants still have availability here.
Thanks for your friendship and have a wonderful holiday!